- 2 1/2 cups almond milk
- 3 or 4 tablespoons cacao powder)
- 1 tablespoon maca powder of Junin
- 1 tea spoon pink salt of Maras (Or 1 tea spoon sea salt)
- 1 pinch cayenne powder
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add almond milk. After giving the almond milk a few minutes to warm, whisk in cacao powder, maca powder, salt, and cayenne.
- When large clumps have dissolved, whisk in maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk periodically until mixture is smooth and desired temperature is achieved.
If you find you prefer it sweeter, add more maple syrup or honey as desired.
- Remove from heat and pour into mugs. Top with coconut cream if desired.